Sunday, July 6, 2008

Twilight


Author: Stephanie Meyer
Genre: YA Fiction/Romance
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Okay, okay--I finally gave into the fad. And you know, I am glad I did. I had a great time reading this book once I let myself go and got into it. I enjoyed the whole vampire twist a lot more than I thought possible.
She isn't the greatest writer of all time, but her characters are fun and unique enough that it really works. I love Bella's personality--the bantering between her and Edward is great fun. I love that she is discovering vampires along with you, the reader. I really like Edward. It bothers me a little that she gets so obsessed about Edward. I don't necessarily like that she is willing to throw everything away for him--even her very life. Almost everyone I have talked to that has read these books has mentioned not being able to put them down. I was the same--but I'm like that with any book that I like so that doesn't say much except that I did like it. A really fun read and I'm looking forward to reading 2 and 3 the rest.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

OK, today is the day after the release of the next book in the series-- have you bought it yet? I haven't. I loved the other books and borrowed them from my sister-- who know when I'll read her latest... hopefully soon.