Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Mother's Influence: Raising Children to Change the World

Author: Margaret D. Nadauld
Genre: Non-fiction; Inspirational
Rating: 4
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wow! What a great book. I read this book along with Sister Dew's book at the same time. What a great combination. This book really had some wonderful ideas and thoughts in it. I felt so uplifted as I read it. It really helped to inspire me to be a better mother and woman of God. Her book is made up of short little essays so you can read one and not have to read the next chapter right away if you don't have time. She is the mother of 7 boys, so she definitely has had some experience under her belt. Again, I highly recommend this book and will leave you with some quotes I liked.

"It is through the love of a mother that children learn what love is and how to give it in return." (67-68)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't you love knowing that each week, as you partake of the sacrament worthily, you have the remarkable privilege of once again renewing your baptismal promises? You have the opportunity of being cleansed, getting rid of those dark specks in your life, of repenting and going forward into the next week refreshed, recommitted, faithful. Such are the privileges of faith, faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and the repentance He made possible for us through the Atonement" (87).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Kitchens are an important place for teaching and adding building blocks to a family foundation. Mothers have no idea of the impact of their daily kitchen consistencies in nurturing their children" (13).

No comments: